Sunday, March 7, 2010

'shining sunday'

Sundays are my favorite. Ever. They are the best days of the week. I love my ward. Some of the greatest people I've ever met live in the village, and the best part is, I get to see all of their smiling faces on Sunday mornings at church. There isn't a Sunday that I don't want to be up at 8 AM getting ready, listening to the 'shining sunday' playlist and counting my blessings. Every Sunday I fall in love all over again with every aspect of the happiness that comes along with feeling the spirit. It's been 9 months now since I've been baptized. That's a long time.
I'm excited.
Every Sunday after wrapping up breakfast parties after church (somehow we all manage to eat around the counter.. with three stools...... and six girls), we indulge ourselves in four hour naps. Literally. Then we wake up and have another feast with enough food to feed Florida. Everybody laughs and it usually turns into something like a middle school dance party... meaning 8 people dancing and spinning in the kitchen... but I could have possibly been the only middle schooler who did that. We eat enough calories for 3 people each, and its perfectly fine, because its Sunday and we're all about food. I'm all about battling obesity these days. It's really the only logical way to live... But in all honesty every Sunday just ends up perfect.. and I don't think I could survive ending long, stressful college weeks any other way.

I'm grateful I get to see this girl in 10 days! Can't wait! I secretly jump up and down every night thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. Your Sundays sound absolutely blissful. Enjoy the friendships you make! It's awesome to get along with different women who become amazing friends forever. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love sundays? My firend's think it's boring. My favorite part is singing in the primary room and in Sacrament. I hope you have fun with your friend! P.S I hope you visit my blog again! Love Ya

    ReplyDelete